Saturday 29 September 2012

Sze Chuan Court, Fairmount Singapore's mooncakes

It came to my family as a gift and being the gluttony in me, I just couldn't resist sampling Sze Chuan Court's traditional baked mooncakes. The fillings were mainstream ranging from Double Egg Yolk in White Lotus Paste or Peach Shaped with Single Yolk and Macadamia Nuts in White Lotus Paste to the nutty Roasted Pine Nuts in White Lotus Paste. I didn't quite like the previous three until I tried their Black and White Sesame in White Lotus Paste which I have to say taste quite unique.  
I kinda enjoy the mildly aroma emitted from the fillings and it doesn't make you queasy if not rather addictive. The only downside was the overtly crumbly crust but still a fairly good piece. 

Just when mooncakes doesn't get as creative as it taste, this year, Sze Chuan Court launched their a limited edition Angry Bird series mooncakes. Bringing savouring mooncakes experience a whole new visual level. It's innovative that's for sure but I shall not comment on the taste since I've yet to try one myself. For that, I shall leave it till next year...

Fairmount Singapore, level 3
80 Bras Basah Road, Singapore 189560
Tel: +65 6431 6156

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...