Sunday 23 September 2012

3 Inch Sin: Another chocolaty paradise awaits

I think I've been subconsciously telling myself to search for all chocolate desserts available out there that my flimsy wallet can spare. I've eaten more lava cakes this year than any others. Where some have disappoint me so badly that I don't even think it's blog-worthy, there are a handful of cafes/restaurants/shops that never fails to make my soul gratified with a capital G. 

And one of such places I'm referring to has got to be 3 Inch Sin. Just like Max Brenner and Laurent Chocolatier, 3 Inch Sin is also another must-go places if you're a chocolate lover living and exploring all the cracks and crevices of this isle. Personally, I do not think there's a need to compare who does lava cakes better since they craft and bake their desserts with their own chocolate recipe although out of the three places, I have to admit that 3 Inch Sin is the most affordable with prices under $8 as compared to the other two specialty shops.

Upon entering the shop located amidst the building which we call Millenia Walk, one would be greeted by an array of chocolate desserts sitting by the counter just waiting for that moment when your lips touches them. Such is the chocolate paradise that we don't get to see but we yearn for it every single day.

Then came the lava cake, served warm with a scoop of strawberry field to complete this wonderful afternoon tea affair with my lovely girlfriend. I'm thinking the lava cakes is as they say, 3 inch? The cake was moist and crumbly which is typical of any lava cakes but unlike the name, the core didn't really flow as it should which was rather disappointing but still a great piece considering that they only use Valrhona's Chocolate which is said to be one of the best if not THE premium grade of black gold you can ever grasp. Just joy. Only a true chocolatier can ever apprehend.

If you're looking for an affordable lava cakes in town, try 3 Inch with their sinfully made lava cakes. There's said to be 11 flavours to pick from. Ranging from the fruity Bitter Orange and Lemon to nutty Hazelnut and Peanut Butter and to the adult's extend, Baileys and Cherries Jubilee. It's one flavour down and 10 more to go! And I shall leave those 10 in time to come...

"It's only three inch. It's only a few bites. But it will hook you forever..."

PS: Do note that the outlet at Cluny Court, Bukit Timah is closed.

Millenia Walk #01-103
9 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039596
Tel: +65 6333 4562
Website: http://www.3inchsin.com/home.html
Opening Hours: 11.30am to 9.pm daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...