Wednesday 4 January 2012

Baking fetish II

Argghh...

I was terribly ill for the past few days. So ill that it makes the word ill looks healthy! How well to start a new year right?

Moral of the story: Red wine and Oranges don't go hand in hand...

But thank God, just hours before my food poisoning saga, I managed to relieve my baking fetish!

So what did I baked again? Remember the last time I baked chocolate cake? Some of my friends were telling me that it would be nice if I've paired chocolate with rum. Fast forward a week, I consulted a long time baker for a chocolate rum cake and...
I couldn't get a bottle of rum and so I decided to give this bottle of red wine a try. Fruity with an smooth finish to it. I am not much of a wine taster but I have to say, this one suit my taste.
Rather short I have to say considering that I divided the liquidish mixture into two different batches? The texture seemed almost akin to a chiffon cake! I was surprised to know that it was spongy and airy. I added two cups of red wine instead of just one. Why? Because I was greedy :)

It sure pays off I tell you! The red wine to chocolate content was just nice. But still 3/4 cup of cocoa powder still seems a lot. For I could barely taste the red wine even when my family say otherwise...

Mmm, maybe I am just another alcoholic addict....

This might just be my second last baking spree... I've lots and lots of work to settle, my exams are just round the corner and I've more food reviews to settle too! So what will be my last? Maybe Pineapple tarts? Since Chinese New Year is just round the corner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...