Thursday 5 January 2012

Baking fetish III: Is it worthwhile?

Almost every time after I finish baking, I would asked myself this question...

Is it all worthwhile to spend my nights baking when I should be sleeping?

If it isn't... Then what's the answer to my question...

Is it really because I've a fetish for baking? 
NOPE... Not so true... It tough maintaining such a labor intensive fetish

Is it because I enjoy washing the dishes? 
Like seriously NO! It's the toughest job! Especially when you're all beat up and exhausted!

How about messing up the entire kitchen during baking?
How about having my mum banning me from her kitchen for the rest of my life?

Today, I found the answer why...

It all started when I brought four slices of cakes which I've baked a few days ago to school. Because I promised a few of my course mates that they would be able to taste my chocolate cake on the first day of school... But because I was sick so I couldn't pass it to them :( Nevertheless, I still kept the cakes in my fridge. Hoping that I would still be able to honor my promise to them.
I didn't dared try the cakes myself because I was still pretty much ill. I had to resist watching my friends eating it! So don't asked me how it tasted like after a few days in the fridge...

Some told me that the alcohol isn't really there. Well, I added almost 2 cups of red wine into the cake batter? I guess the heat must have dissipate the alcohol content. Maybe I should have soak some cherries in wine? How's that for fruit cake?

Others say that it's great! How great? I don't know. Unless they tell me in detail...
What's left at the end of the day. I guess the picture speaks clearly just how well my cakes were...

Just like any other patissiers or any chefs, nothing brings much joy than to know that your creations little creations has been ferociously devoured! Happy boy I was! 

I hoped that all those who tried would like the cake. 
I hoped my cake recipe caters to your taste buds! 

If not, do feel free to tell me where I should improve on! 
I am always open for feedbacks to improve on my baking skills!

For those who didn't managed to try it... 
I think I know where's the problem...  
Well there's your problem! My BFF finished that entire slice all by herself! Tsk Tsk! How greedy :) But this just shows how nice they really are :) Once again, thanks for showing me that all the nights I spend baking is worthwhile...

Forever Hungry :)
Edward, that midnight baker...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...