Friday 27 January 2012

Chinese New Year: Countless reunions

Finally Chinese New Year is over! Wooohooo!!! Though I am still having my reunion dinners with some of my family and friends later part of the week? There's something nostalgic about having reunion dinner...

You can have it at a classy restuarant or at someone's house. You can have plain simple or with expensive ingredients and extensive banquets

But let me tell you. All these would be worthless if you aren't sharing all the joy with a group of people! At least that's how I think...

Soo... back to the story alright? Some of my friends were asking me what have I been doing for that past two days? Well, eating of course! Practically the whole two days non-stop :) I really love to eating that's for sure! I shall let the photos do the talking on my behalf just to prove my point of eating the whole day :)
 Simple and unpretentious lunch... Or is it...
With one whole heap of abalone strips covering this plate of broccoli...
Talk about unpretentious loh...
Whats CNY without this 3 beaut? Rabbit Fish. Don't ask me why they are call rabbit fish but they sure taste good. I love my fish plain steamed no sauce no oil!
Same place different time. By then, I got a bit sick of abalones especially when your family keep stuffing abalones on your bowl! Not to mention leftover abalones to finish. Handmade Fu Zhou Fishballs are my favourite loh! Never fail to bring joy in chew those savoury meatballs!

A few hours later...
I was found eating again! Curry chicken, mixed vegetables, duck and Japanese seaweed chicken?
I LIKED! Did I mention I down another plate of fried bee hoon :)

And a few hours later...
I had Steamboat, especially when you're eating outdoors! A pot of prawns, fu zhou fishballs, veggies, fish maw and all things good! SHIOK ARH! By then I already had 4 meals within an afternoon already but well. How to reject when you have a grandaunt whose dotes on you right? Just when I thought it was a simple affair since all the stuffs was dumped into the soup. That is till I took a peek inside the kitchen...
Trays of vegetables waiting for me? How naive I was but still I happily comply :) Did I mention there's wagyu beef too? There was a heap of those lying in the fridge awaiting for me...

A few hours later?
Not again I thought...
I didn't really managed to take photos of all the different meals I had because half the time, my family members are grumbling why am I snapping pictures and not digging into the food? They don't know it's for a greater cause, that is blogging!!!

It's not easy for one or two individual whipping up a feast and for some... They are in their silver age already? It never fails to amaze me that they still have the passion to wake up early in the morning to prepare the ingredients and still have the strength to saute a giant wok that weight maybe 3kg?

Why they still do it despite the labor intensive job? Not that we can't afford to go restaurants to enjoy our food over air con. At least we don't have to wash our own dishes right?

Out of love I guess?
Love does make people do ridiculous stuffs :)

From the way I am eating...
How not to grow fat!

Valentine is coming...
I wonder if she's free...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...