Saturday 7 January 2012

Simplicity: Behind the extravagant lifestyle...

Not until recently, I realized that many of my friends had these perceptions that I'm...

A boy who loves Glamorous high tea sessions at hotels...
A boy that's forever in search for Delicious but Expensive cakes...
A boy whose lust for top graded sashimi and sushi seems endless...
A boy whom is always seen and heard commenting about his coffee and tea...

These are some impressions that I might have been giving through my interactions with them. There maybe even more I don't know. As much as I seem aloof in always seem to be in my own world, I am actually always paying attention to my surroundings.

Nothing really escapes my eyes and ears if you really want to know. Though, I do find myself in amaze whenever my friends manages to guess what's on my mind. It's as if they can read my mind! Fascinating!

Sometimes you don't have to tell me how you think and chances are I might have already know it. Nothing special if you're a student who sit through a communication class right :)

It's not the first time that I have friends telling me I'm flamboyant. I take it as they way I often portray myself to thme but often a times, not many are aware how frugal I can be...
Your typical three dishes and 1 bowl of soup. Nothing beats home-cooked food. A slice of cod fish, two pieces of chicken and a few pieces of pork chops. Simple but a bit salty I guess... Sorry my bad :P

Don't ask me why isn't there a single vegetable among the three dishes because I was lazy to head down to the wet market to buy it? The winter melon soup makes up for the lacking :) I did it eat the winter melons hor! If you must ask. Yes, I was the boy behind the kitchen preparing this simple dinner.

Behind my extravagant lifestyle, I lead a simple life...I am capable of leading a life of poverty simplicity :) It's just that I just like to lavish myself in the occasional sweet treats which to others seems too much. Well, excessive is just a matter of perception right?

Oh... I lived in a HDB not some private estates which some of you have been asking...

Like seriously do I look that rich?
I maybe extravagant/flamboyant/glamorous/pompous/pretentious/haughty. Whichever jargon you can think off. One thing is for certain. I am not pampered! I am very much independent, capable of cooking my own dinner and washing my own laundries.

I hope this clears all the assumptions people have when they think of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...