Saturday 24 December 2011

Strictly Pancakes II

My second review of Strictly Pancakes. The cozy little cafe is one of favourite rendezvous whenever I need dessert gratification!  It's not surprising since I've uploading reviews of desserts most of the time right?

I decided to meet one of many dining partners for a late weekday brunch. It was literally a late weekday brunch I tell you but I'm just grateful that my partner came. Or else I won't get over my lust for pancakes! 

Again, I looked at their flip chart concept menu... Thinking what should I get for myself. Just then I realized that my pancake partner have no clue of what to get! Being a great dining partner I am, I made a few recommendations and she made her final decision...
Lemon Curds For The Nerds. ($10) 3 stacks of freshly made chocolate pancakes doused by a generous amount of lemon custard, accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream...

Despite my partner saying that she was full after the second pancake, she still manages to finish everything on her plate! What can I say other than her great appetite?
So... What did I get?
Strictly Pancakes' rendition of Tiramisu. ($11) Yes! Tiramisu! It's creative I tell you! 3 stacks of chocolate pancakes surrounded by one of my favourite cheese, mascarpone! And of course again, vanilla ice cream is never out of sight...

My dear pancakes, if you do not know, I already have a crush for Tiramisu. You are made to be pancakes and not the tiramisu I envisioned in my mind. I am not saying that Strictly Pancakes' rendition off Tiramisu is bad! In fact, I would urge potential patrons to give it a try at least once in their lifetime.

But it's just that I still prefer my tiramisu the way Bonhuer does it.

2 like-minded individuals sitting together over stacks of pancakes, giving each other a part of their time to the other. Talking and Listening. Eating and Enjoying...

What more could I ask of a great dining partner like you? Actually there is...
That is another eating session with you again...
From now till the end of 2011, Strictly Pancakes are offering Red Velvet Pancakes. How good is it? Well... That's for you to find out :)

Do read up on my previous review of Strictly Pancakes here. Merry X'mas!

44A Prinsep Street, Singapore 188674
Tel: +65 6333 4202
Website: www.strictlypancakes.com.sg 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...