Thursday 15 December 2011

Bonheur Patisserie...

Bonheur [Bo-nur]
means Happiness.

Patisserie [Puh-tis-uh-ree]
means a Confectionery.

That's the first thing you will see from their website, bonheur patisserie

Put these two french words together and you get a Confectionery that churn Happiness... 
In the form of their cakes...
Between my first visit to Flor Patisserie which is a street down from Bonhuer till now...
I went to Duxton a time to many to count :) 

But Bonhuer... Ohhh Bonhuer...
It was my first time and so I decided to make it grand... 
I thought to myself: "Wouldn't it be great to have another of those delicate high tea session with a good friend?" 

Ahhh... Such is the way of life... Edward's style right ?

Even though Duxton is 10minutes walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT station, trust me... If you're going there for the first time, make sure you know the address pretty well course you're bound to get lost like I did the first time I went there... Of course, since I'm pretty familiar with the hilly out-spot, it wasn't a problem for me :)

We stepped inside of the place... Just like many bloggers would say... It's a lovely place, the walls are coated in whiter than white paint with white furnitures... For a moment, I thought I was in Heaven...
Rhubarb Cheese Mousse ($7.50) see that red layer between the cheese and that crunchy biscuit base? That's Rhubarb, a vegetable. To be precise, the red stem of the vegetable.
Please note that the leaves of a Rhubarb plant can be fatal to a human :(
Nevertheless, one can safely say that this particular cake is fit for a prince's consumption ;)

I thought it was pretty nice to have a light cheesecake to start the session going... 
This beauty here... Oh yes she's a beauty I tell you....

The well-known Strawberry Balsamic Mousse ($7.50) 
with her colourful layers of Green Pistachio Sponge cake, White Vanilla Bavarois, a type of cream topped by a pinkish Strawberry Balsamic... 

Both of us agreed that this is really good. I mean you could taste the distinct Pistaschio and the strawberries but yet at the same time, there is this mild Balsamic Vinegar taste... 
All these favours...Coming from just one cake... 
I have to say, it's lovely... 

So much so that my partner confess to me about her fetish for desserts. 
I've finally found a great Dessert partner already. About time I thought to myself...

There's a old saying. "One is lonely, two's prefect and having three...Well, and you have a crowd." 
Let me tell you this then, When it comes desserts...
especially such wonderfully crafted cakes, screw that old saying and have another one.

Since, I picked the first two, I let my friend decides the last...
Friend: "Hey, I got a Tiramisu."
Me: "A Pick Me Up I say..."

My friend didn't understand what I was saying till the lady walking towards our messy little table with that gorgeous beaut and she validates with a confirmation. 

Tiramisu ($7.50) is an Italian dessert. The word simply translates to Pick me up. 

You weren't there... She was enchanting me... 

"Pick me up, Edward. Quick before your friend finishes me..." 

How could I resist the temptation...Or I should say why even resist ?

I've tried many tiramisu. It's always the love at first sight and end with an empty plate or...

"Nope, I'm not gonna have that piece of junk anywhere near my fork." mindset. 

Needless to say, I fell heads over toe for her... 
They got the alcoholic mixture just right... Not too strong and not too mild, just the way I like her to be... 
I have to say though, there's bits of surprises in chucks of chocolates every few bites I take. 

Towards the end of the tea session, I asked my friend. 
On a scale 1 to 10, 1 being "It has been a sucky experience" 
and 10 being "OMG, I'm so going back to the place!" Where would you rate it?

She rated a good nine...
The reason for not prefect 10 is because she finds the cakes a bit small for the price. 
Clearly, she's comparing the cake size with Secret Recipe. 

The total bill was $26.50.
It was two promotional set which mean getting a cake would get you a drink at the price of $9.50. 
Did I mention that there's no GST charge?

Personally, I dun't find the price overpriced. 
Sharing three pieces of cakes over two is no doubt expensive. 
But sharing the cost over four or five friends?
Now that's another story already right?

One bad thing about Bonheur is that their cakes are always stored in the freezer in order to retain their freshness. But this means that you got to let the cakes thaw for a good 10minutes or else you'll be eating ice crystals. 

Then again, it perfect for high tea with friends since it allows more time for wonderful conversations. 
Not to forget a good excuse to stay longer for your first date :) 
You know get to know your other perfect half better? 

As for the size you were saying? 
Photos courtesy of my dessert partner... 
PS: Next time we shall go for another round of high tea buffet OK ?

70 Duxton Road, Singapore 089529
Tel: +65 6221 1148
Opening Hours: 10am- 8pm daily
Closed on Sundays

2 comments:

  1. feel like trying this when I return to Singapore, thanks for the lovely sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...