Thursday 15 December 2011

Good things come to those who waits...

A few weeks ago, I had my first ever tea session with My High Tea Partner at Bonhuer Patisserie, Duxton Road. A place I've been to... To many a times to recall...

Why Bonhuer?
1. Kki Cafe is closed on MONDAYS! SO BAD RIGHT ?
2. I'm not sure if Flor doesn't sell Tea... I mean what's high tea without tea right ?
3. Glace doesn't have a place to sit...

See what I mean when I say Tanjong Pagar is the best playground for a dessert boy? 

We made our grand entrance, greeted by the whiter than white interior design at noon. It was quiet. Just the way we like our cafes to be...
It's quite worth coming to Bonheur for tea since they always have the Tea promotion! Monday to Friday before 5pm and except Public Holidays: 1cake + 1drink at $9.50/$10.00. The cold drinks are the more pricer ones. Unsure what to have for breakfast the following day? How about cakes for breakfast? That's a great way to start your day isn't it?
They may have very little cakes for display, but trust me it's the quality that counts!
Tiramisu ($7.50) was the first thing that caught my High Tea Partner's eyes...

Did she loved her tiramisu? I bet she did! 
Strawberry Balsamic Mousse ($7.50) is always comforting. I could see my food bible in the background... Yes, I do keep a book on the different places to eat/dine! It's a personal hobby... Taken to a whole new level! Heavenly is an understatement to describe such wonderfully crafted creations!

My High Tea Partner would agree with the above statement.
White Champagne for my partner,
Pinkish Strawberry for me and
 Green Basil Lime for the 2 of us.

Basil Lime is pronounced as Bas-il Lime and not Ba-sil Lime... Got embarrassed when I say that to the staff.
All thanks to my partner luh !!! Tsk tsk tsk. They tasted just like their names are. Note that these are mini ones which cost $1.30 each, the regular ones are slightly expensive at $2 each. 

And that concludes our breakfast :) 

The two of us had cakes and macaroons for breakfast. Coupled with coffee for my partner and Yuzu Tea for me...

What a perfect day to kick start your day right ???

Just when you think it ended here... 
THINK AGAIN !!!

The both of us went to Far East Plaza for Durain Pancakes !!! Like Seriously? But who cares so as long as we enjoy ourselves !!!
Durain lovers would love this! I'm not joking. It's made on the spot, so it's piping hot from the stove but the coldness of the durain ice cream cool's it pretty fast... The Durain Cream was seriously fresh. At $1.50 per piece, I wish NYP sells it so I can eat it every single day !!! 

We parted our ways @ Paragon, promising for another round of EPIC Tea Session.
I shall wait for another round of High Tea with this wonderful High Tea Partner of mine...

Afterall...
"Good things come to those who waits..." -High Tea Partner...

Bonheur Patisserie
70 Duxton Road, Singapore 089529
Tel: +65 6221 1148
Opening Hours: 10am- 8pm daily
Closed on Sundays

Teng Yu Durain Pancake
Far East Plaza #01-16F
14 Scotts Road, Singapore 228213
Tel: +65 9765 3921
Opening Hours: 10.30am-11pm daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...