Wednesday 21 December 2011

Gong Cha: Earl Grey Milk Tea

I've been a fan of Tea for the longest of time...
Let's not mention how I love my Coffee as well alright?

Of course there are certain Teas that I never really enjoy...
Yes you got that right, Bubble Tea.

I can understand the concept of eating starchy black pearls.
But drinking copious amount of sugar?
Maybe my love for sweet desserts & pastries are greater than my love for sweet drinks...

In life...
Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try...
In my case another retry...

And so, a few days ago, 

I so happened to pass by Gong Cha.
I decided to give it another chance...
I was seriously spoilt for choices!
It took me a while before I decided my choice...
And so... I got myself...
The simple Earl Grey Milk Tea (EGMT) with 30% sugar content.
No, I didn't get any toppings because I wanted to save money!

The verdict?
There's no doubt that Gong Cha's EGMT tasted like Earl Grey + Milk.
But still, even at 30% sugar content, it is still very SWEET!
I was wondering to myself, just how much is 30% sugar content compared to 50% sugar content?
One day, If I've the chance, I will find out!

Nevertheless it's still pretty good!
Afterall, it's tea that's meant for the Chinese Emperor to drink...
That's Gong Cha (Tribute Tea in Chinese)...

So you can't say I didn't give Bubble Tea a try ok?
You know who you are! I'm trying this for your sake!
Will I give it another try?
Maybe when I have the curiosity to try again...

Julibee Entertainment Complex  #01-14
Ang Mo Kio Ave 8
Tel: +65 6456 6476
Opening Hours:  11am-10pm daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...