Friday 16 March 2012

Tampopo: A personal favorite

Tampopo has been one of my personal favorites when it comes to Japanese cuisines. It's quite hard to miss the place unless your motive for visiting Liang Court is for affordable pastas.

It doesn't come as a surprise to know that Tampopo which in my opinion, easily serves the best tonkatsu. Thick cuts of the most revered black pig fried breaded and deep fried till it's perfectly golden brown. I just wish everyday is a day for tonkatsu! What a wishful thinking right?

Another main bulk of the attraction would be their ramen. Mainly two styles of preparation. Hokkaido and Kyushu. I won't be going through the differences between the two since I am no ramen expert to begin with. But if you're interested in knowing the difference, do look up to IeatIshootIpost's review.
Deluxe is the way of life when it comes to the Black Pig Shabu Ramen. Extremely flavorful broth. Personally, the main attraction is still the Black Pig lying in wait. Tender and chewy but I have to say. Such stuffs are meant to enjoy at the start. Never leave the meat to the last. By then, it will be tough and laborious to enjoy. The egg were special though. Runny yolk encased in a hard-boiled egg. Impressive!
Thick slabs of charsiu just waiting to be indulge in... What are you waiting for? Pick up your chopsticks! This Kyushu CharSiu Ramen is by no means comparable to the shabu ramen since it's a category all by itself. Slightly on the saltier end of the note though... 

As I have proclaimed. Tampopo has been my favorite place to go GaGa over Japanese food. Sashimi that's seems almost straight from a Sake or Maguro airflown from the markets of Japan. Does it get any fresher? 

I don't think so...

Surely you might disagree since there are other places such as Marutama or Ippudo which fare far more better than Tampopo's rendition. I can't really put a gauge since I am no ramen expert but given the portions and the price tags that Tampopo has to offer, it's definitely a better choice.

Of course, how can we end off without having desserts? But where right? Let me give you a hint.  It's has the best cream puff and chiffon cakes that is made available. Still can't figure out? Let me give you a hint. It's call Tampopo Deli

Liang Court Shopping Centre #01-23/24
177 River Valley Road, Singapore 179030
Tel: +65 6338 3186

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...