Sunday 5 February 2012

14th Feb 2012: Valentine's Day

It's nearing... 14th Feb 2012. 

There's a lot of prep work to do all just one special day...

Guys would be busy preparing gifts and planning dinner dates. Even my dad who is seemingly unromantic would never fail to surprise my mum with a bouquet of red roses and heart shaped chocolates just for her. Of course, my mum will always complain that there's no need to waste that kind of money. 

But behind the comfort of her room, I know that she's grinning from cheek to cheek enjoying those champagne laced chocolate. How come I know? Because I caught her in the act once :P

For girls? They would be busy with their hairs and nails, dolling themselves with the best dress/gowns that they seldom wear and if need to, buy one? How I know? Because there was once I accompanied my sisterly friends  for a day's worth of pedi/manicure, perm/dye/rebond/trim their hair even buying a few dresses...

All these just for that special day which we call Valentine... 

Love does make people the silliest of things but then again, if everyone around you seem to do the same thing, it wouldn't so silly afterall right? That would be what sociologists would coin as a societal norm.

I too had my fair share of silliness.
I was having that typical Sunday late brunch with my family and I so happen to chance upon this little beauty.
It was sitting on the display panel of a lovely florist shop. Two cuddly little bears spinning to a delicate tune and the best part was that I bought it without hesitating. Not my style of doing things but well it's Valentine's day afterall...

Now, there's this big problem I am having... Who should I give this to? I can only wonder...

Sigh... The things we all do in the name of Valentine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...