Monday 30 April 2012

Max Brenner: The chocolaty ending

"Have you tried Max Brenner's chocolate souffles before?"

A question I asked my partner back some time ago and apparently, she didn't. At that moment, I just knew I have to bring her to try out. Afterall, all good things must be shared right?

It wasn't too long ago when we had a scrumptious lunch over at Outback Steakhouse but the chocolate brownie was simply just upsetting. I'm not saying it's bad but for the price, I have to say I tried better ones at much affordable price... I guess few people can apprehend our love for all things sweet yah?

The Melting Chocolate Truffle Heart Cake ($16.00) or as I just like to call the whole lovely creation-Chocolate Souffle, is one of those to die for stuffs! Molten chocolate just leaked out from the cake as we dig our spoons into it, wholeheartedly of course. If it's ain't chocolaty enough, then simply more chocolate sauce all over it alright? On second thoughts, I might have just realized that Max Brenner's rendition would be a hybrid of a really good chocolate souffle and an awesome chocolate lava cake instead but whatever it is, I still love my chocolaty creation okay?

The Vanilla Ice Cream accompanying our Chocolate Souffle deserves much attention too. Both of us agreed that the true taste of vanilla comes after the ice cream had completely melted in your mouth. Clearly, this is the definition of awesome. No, I'm serious! It's really that good!
Hot Chocolate can always be appreciated be it rain or shine. It just brightens everything up. Especially when you have a mug that tells you to hug the warm drink. How comforting does it gets? Anyway, I decided to go for the Dark Italian Thick Chocolate ($7.50). The smell was simply alluring. It was just plain rich and creamy chocolaty indulgence.

Finally, we could tell ourselves that our desserts cravings were no more until the next time...
There you have it. Our chocolaty ending, Max Brenner...

Esplanade Mall #01-06/08
8 Raffles Avenue, Singapore 039802
Tel: +65 6235 9556
Website: http://www.maxbrenner.com/home.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...